Wednesday 20 September 2023

Lots of Birthdays This Month

 It's been such a long time since I posted anything on my blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been creating, I've just been busy with other things in my life.

This includes taking refresher classes in wheel thrown pottery (after more than 40 years) and trying to improve my painting skills as well as continuing with in-person classes for card making. There also seems to be lots of grandma opportunities for me to be involved with my grandchildren's activities and as they are such fleeting times I'm taking every chance to spend time with them.

This week it is my middle daughter's birthday and she is one of those super mums who manages to do everything except relax enough. I made her a card and used the opportunity to relay my message that she needs to take more care of herself as well as wishing her a very happy birthday. 

For the base of the card I used one of the designs from one of the Stampin' Up! Kits - 

Saying Thanks Kit (162361)



To personalise the card I stamped an image from "In The Moment" stamp set (157987) onto Shimmery White card stock and roughly coloured with Watercolour pencils. These pencils are really good for a quick water colour technique as they transfer easily to the paper and have strong pigmentation for great colour. Add a little water with either a damp brush or the Water Painters (151298) to achieve  a nice watercolour effect. The w/c pencils come in 2 Assortments, giving you plenty of colours to choose from, and like paints they can be blended to create new colours. I'm a fan of the pencils and they are a really good way to start with water colouring.

Assortment 1 (161700)   Assortment 2 (149014)

The completed card. The hearts from the kit card provided the perfect backdrop, bright colour and dimension that I was looking for and I simply adhered a different greeting and the stamped image. (Along with a bit of bling!) 




The Stampin' Up! Kits range is perfect if you are looking for a quick card. They come in a variety of themes, and as I've shown you here, they can be used as lovely stand alone cards, or they can be personalised to display your own creativity. 

I hope you've enjoyed my take on this Kit and to see lots of Stampin' Up! products simply follow this link to my on-line store

If you are looking for a genuine bargain, the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack has been refreshed this week and there are lots of wonderful bargains to inspire your card making, and scrap booking. You will find this when viewing my On-Line store.

Ann C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.