Sunday 5 May 2024

Back to Traditional Scrapping with Adventurous Sky

 Hello,

Imagine my delight when I saw this great stamp set from Stampin' Up! 

Adventurous Sky is nostalgic and historical, and as far as I can see it is very like my grandfather's plane from the First World War. No, I'm not an aviator, but I do dabble in genealogy and when I saw the planes I immediately recognised them as being similar to what my grandfather flew in the First World War. I have some old photos and one that has always captured my attention is of a crash that he was involved in - luckily in the English countryside, and luckily not fatal.



Can you imagine risking life and limb in one of these? Many very brave people did.

The stamp and coordinating dies are easy to use and create lovely embellishments for my scrap page.

                    

Select the images for more details or if you love to save and want both the stamps and dies, you can purchase the Adventurous Sky Bundle of stamps and dies saving 10%

So why have I started making scrap pages again? 

Recently the Close To My Heart company announced they would be closing. Stampin' Up!  reached out to the many CTMH Makers offering them the opportunity to join Stampin' Up! to continue with their creativity and businesses. To that end SU will be offering more traditional scrapping products in the future. This encouraged me to revisit some of my designs from years past and I just felt like putting this page together. 

It was fun stamping the images and I used a water colouring technique with the Classic inks and Water Painters to enhance the stamped images. I chose 2 different sized planes and the large cloud stamp. I cut the propeller out in Bronze foil, and added a little Wink Of Stella to indicate movement of the propeller. The images are stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink.


I wanted the plane crash to be the hero of the page, but I also wanted  to document a photo of the pilot, my grandfather - Harold Luke Horner Chambers. M.M. He started out enlisting as a 19 year old, spent time in the Army and fought at Pozieres, where he was awarded a Military Medal for bravery, He then transferred to the Royal Flying Corps.


I still have not finished the journalling because I want to keep that more private, however I'm very happy with how this page turned out.
The Title is made using retired Stampin' Up! letters dies mounted on Foam Adhesive Sheets.
These foam sheets are wonderful for making Titles and headings that you want to stand out, and are so easy to use with the Stampin Cut & Emboss machine. You just use the same "sandwich" as if you are cutting a regular die.
The background paper is from the Adventurous Sky coordinating Designer Series Paper - it is available in the Suite collection or you can purchase it individually. It's perfect for making cards for the males in your life.

The Complete page:



I think I will add the year of this event in the title (I believe it was 1918 but I have to verify that) 
How brave these men and women were.
Unfortunately I was never able to meet my grandfather as he passed before I was born - I think I would have like him a lot! 

If you have enjoyed this page and it has encouraged you to make cards or create scrap pages then that makes me happy.

If you would like to purchase any of the products mentioned, please feel free to go to my website or follow any of the links above.

Until next time 

Happy crafting

Ann Craig




1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.