Tuesday 26 April 2011

Colourful Inspiration

I love the INSPIRATION PHOTO  for the jac-inks Challenge # 7 and must admit to many ideas running through my mind. However, with a house full of guests and my craft studio doubling up as a guest flat - my ideas stayed inside my head!

I'm not complaining, as I've had a wonderful time with family and friends  over the Easter / Anzac Day break and today I managed to get one of the ideas onto paper. 

Here is the Challenge Inspiration Photo.


Don't you love the rich colour combination, the variety of patterns and shapes, and the fact that an elephant can be made to look so decorative?

And this is my first solution.


 I started off by using the Direct To Rubber technique of colouring the stamp with my Stampin' Write Markers.

Colours are Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Real Red. I randomly stamped the images across the lower half of some Whisper White card, then punched along the edge with Pinking Hearts Border Punch.


The large flower was stamped onto Melon Mambo card and embossed with clear embossing powder, hand cut to shape and raised up on Dimensionals to add some depth to the card. Rhinestone Brad and some small Basic Rhinestones.
The gold section (which is just Christmas wrapping paper) was dry embossed with the beautiful Stampin' Up!® exclusive Finial Press Embossing Folder, fussy cut along one edge and attached over the first lot of stamped images. 


Repetition of the border punching, a combination of patterns and images and the use of sparkle accessories help to create the rich feeling I perceived from the Inspiration Photo. 
I rediscovered the delightful and intricate patterns of the now retired Friendly Flowers stamp set from Stampin' Up!® found they combined well with the simple but bold images from Petal Pizzazz.



The photos are a little darker than in real life, but I think you'll be able to get the idea. 

Hop on over to the jac-inks Challenge blog, visit the other DT members and challenge yourself to create something a little exotic.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit to my blog.

Until next time,

Stay Crafty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.