Sunday 17 April 2011

Scrap Page Technique - Embossed Vellum

I've been enjoying a bit of scrapping lately and decided to use the technique of dry embossing on vellum as the basis for the April Scrap Classes. 

As usual, I designed a Layout for the month that is intended to give the class attendees a guide for their projects. It must have been a fairly universal layout this month because I was amazed to see how many of the girls kept to it. (this is not always the case in my classes!)




I found an old photo of my family from summer in 1984 -85 and decided to scrap that as it included the pinks and greens that I wanted to use for this project.

We were just getting ready to go to live in the USA for 12 months while my husband did a post doc at Colorado University, Boulder Campus. What a lovely year that was - so much adventure and such a wonderful experience for the girls.  So,  here is my page... hope you like it.


I've used lots of Stampin' Up!® products  including:
12 x 12 inch Pretty In Pink Card Stock
12 x 12 Whisper White Card Textured Stock
Paper Daisies
Antique Brads
Big Shot & Simple Letters Alphabet Dies
Bigz Die - Beautiful Butterflies
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Elegant Lines 
3.2 cm Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Old Olive
Designer Series Paper 
Vellum Card

Notice the pink patterned strip along the base? that is the left over bit from cutting out a Fancy Favour Box template with the Big Shot. It makes a great detail for pages with a nice fancy side to it. 
I've used lots of different patterns - stripes. dots, swirls and circles.


I love how the vellum card takes on a deeper white for the embossed patterns. Some embossing folders work better than others, but this Elegant Lines folder is terrific for this technique. Hope you like the page and please feel free to follow the scrap map if you wish. If you do, leave a comment and link to your blog post as I would love to see your results.

Until next ime

Stay Crafty





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.