Wednesday 10 October 2012

Spring And Stampin' Up Colour

Spring is such a happy time of the year - colours everywhere and I always look to see what matches my Stampin' Up! inks.The gardens are full of colour, trees bursting into life with new leaves and blossoms and here in Canberra we host the premier Flower show in Australia - Floriade. I went along to Night Fest this year and enjoyed some dinner with my husband and the fantastic night lights. Here are some photos.


 Of course during the day the colours are brighter and lighter and this inspired me to create the decorations on a little 2 pocket bag I had  waiting to be completed.

 I used retired Stampin' Up! paper for the Double Pocket Bag and combined it with Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Whisper White for the square motif and doily. The doily is made with the new DELICATE DOILIES SIZZLITS L die that you can find on p. 191 of the Annual Catalogue.


I made the large flower using  So Saffron card stock and the 6 cm SCALLOP CIRCLE PUNCH  from Stampin' Up! I love the flowers that can be made with this punch - they look quite like Camelias. I dusted the edges with TANGERINE TANGO  ink and a sponge.


The leaves are stamped using my favourite stamp set, FRENCH FOLIAGE, then cut by hand, folded, sponged and attached with glue dots. I keep coming back to this set to help with embellishments and to add final details to other projects. Cards and Scrap Pages all benefit from me owning this one. 

If you'd like further information on this project please contact me


Until then

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.