Wednesday 24 January 2018

Alaska Achievers Blog Hop - Heartfelt Blooms



Hello and Welcome to the Alaska Achievers Blog Hop.
It has been a while since I participated in the hop but I'm so happy to have made time to join many of the other achievers and give you some fun tips on the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set.


For our hop in January we are featuring the Sale-a-Bration and Occasion catalogue products.

I have chosen to  work with Heartfelt Blooms - one of the new Distinktive stamps range  and one of the free Sale-A-Bration stamp sets you can choose when you spend $90 in my shop.
You might like to view all the free items offered this year  - you can ask me for a brochure or view it on-line

How are these stamps different to the other Stampin' Up! stamps?
  Well.... these stamps "lay down the ink at different opacities, giving the finished image more depth".
It pays to read the information in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue before even starting with the main stamp in this set or you may end up with a lot of rejects! Don't ask me how I know.

This is what happens when the ink pad is too wet. You loose definition.

I have a couple of hints for you before you get started.
1. ink the stamp lightly and evenly
2. Check your ink pad is not too wet
3. Stamp quickly and apply pressure to the centre of the stamp with your index fingers


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8gIBtmyuU
Watch the video for a demonstration.

Once you have some lovely images there are lots of things you can do with them.
Here is another idea.


Image stamped in Memento and coloured with a variety of the Light Blends colours.


The close up view shows the pixilation and lines that create the realism in the image.


For my card, I stamped the image twice - fussy cut the main flower, lightly blended the ink with a Blender Pen then applied a little Wink of Stella.  The flower has been raised up on dimensionals.
The stamping is done on Whisper White, matted onto Silver Glimmer Paper and then again, matted  onto Night of Navy that has been embossed with one of the Petal Pair Embossing Folders from the Occasions Catalogue - see if you can find them on p. 23!


 To the centre of the daisy, I added a clear Multi Faceted Gem that has been coloured with the Light Night of Navy Blends pen.


Sale-A-Bration is a wonderful time to start your journey with Stampin' Up! as there are lots of additional benefits for joining during this promotion. If you live in Australia you can get our amazing Starter Kit  where you choose items to the value of $235 from any of our current catalogues. This includes the Annual Catalogue, the Occasions catalogue and the Clearance Rack.
During Sale-A-Bration you choose an extra 2 stamp sets to any value, and pay just $169.
As an added bonus there is FREE SHIPPING  on your Starter Kit plus a Business pack valued at $80.
If you have a large order - this is a great opportunity for you.
Contact me if you would like further information.

There is so much to offer during Sale-A-Bration, and when you combine the free products with items from the Occasions Catalogue, you have unlimited options for creativity. 

Thank you for joining us today - please join in the fun and hop along to the next blog.
You are currently at my blog - Ann Craig - so just check down the list to see who will be your next stop with more inspiration and creativity for you.











Shopping list

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.