Thursday 4 July 2019

Simple Stamping Techniques - Cling Wrap Sprinkles


Hello and welcome to another blog hop by the Simple Stamping Techniques team. This month we are showing a cool technique using the new Pigment Sprinkles from Stampin' Up! 



Look at how vibrant the colours are, and they come in jars that already have 3 sprinkle holes in the top with a secure 
re-closable lid. 
We have Bermuda Bay: Daffodil Delight: Granny Apple Green: Gorgeous Grape: Mango Melody and Melon Mambo. 
And you can  create multiple other colours by allowing the sprinkles to blend.
The technique is fun, but it is important to follow the instructions to get your desired effect. 



Being the person I am, I often don't read instructions and this is the result of putting the sprinkles directly onto the paper. I used Shimmery White  to better cope with the water, and while the colours are pretty, I didn't get the results I was looking for. When I checked the instructions I found you need to put the sprinkles onto the cling wrap and spritz the cling wrap before flipping it over onto your paper and crinkling the cling wrap with your fingers - allow to dry thoroughly before removing the cling wrap - I got much better results doing it this way!



This time I can see where I crinkled the cling wrap and using all the same products but simply changing the method makes a big difference to the results.
Aren't the colours gorgeous? So vibrant, even when they start to combine with each other. 
Another hint is to be very frugal with the pigment - it is very strong and too much will not give you the desired effects. Just a few spots of pigment is all you need. And think about the colours mixing together - so place the pigment strategically. 

Here is the card I made using the cling wrap method and the Daisy Lane stamp set by Stampin' Up! The Heirloom frame has been lightly sponged using a dauber and Whisper White ink.



I added a variety of other Stampin' Up! products that I've listed below, so if you'd like to purchase any of them and you live in Australia, you are welcome to use my online store.


The daisy is embossed onto the background and some edges are fussy cut so they can protrude outside the frame.  
I've used Shimmery White card stock and Pretty Peacock as the surround colour.

Rather than reinvent the wheel I have listed a link to an excellent tutorial for this technique by Lydia Fiedler, on Splitcoast Stampers. Have a look and give the technique a try - it is lots of fun and you could spend an hour or so creating lots of gorgeous backgrounds. 

Don't forget to look at other awesome examples from demonstrators around the world. Select the name below and hop along!

Until Next Time
Happy Crafting


-->
Product List

3 comments:

  1. How much fun is this technique? So glad I found it! Nw I want to play more with it lol ... love your card and your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ann. The background is stunning for this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Dud not know to put the Sprinkles on cling wrap I would have sprinkled them directly on the paper. Don't understand how you did the daisy. Did you stamp it on the background used in the frame then partially cut it out to make it dimentionals? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.