Friday 24 May 2024

Spotlight On Nature

 If I had to pick favourites out of the Stampin’ Up! 2024 -2025 Annual Catalogue, I think that the Spotlight on Nature Bundle would be right at the top. I love the simplicity of the images and the dies are so versatile and pretty. 

Recently I held a catalogue launch and was rushing to get samples made, so for this bundle I decided to case the catalogue. This is a wonderful way of getting inspiration for your craft projects - the designers at Stampin’ Up! are so creative and the samples they make are wonderful to either copy directly or, as in my case, get the inspiration and add a little of yourself into the card. 

Here is my finished card.


I used Old Olive card stock for the card base and the embossed background. The background was swiped with Gold Ink (don’t forget to let it dry) then layered onto some of the gorgeous new Textured Metallic. I also cut Textured Metallic with the largest of the Spotlight On Nature dies. Can you see the detail on the edge of this die? It’s gives a lovely finish to the circle, whilst the subtle texture of the paper enhances the images layered above it. 


               

I stamped the images with Memento Black then coloured them with Stampin’ Blends. Old Olive Light and Dark plus a little Light Calypso Coral on the leaves and Calypso Coral Light and Dark on the flowers.  I love how the shading on the stamps enhances my colouring and makes it easy to decide where to add slightly darker areas.
I fussy cut the images with my Paper Snips from Stampin’ Up! I’ve had these for 18 years - lots of use and still just as sharp as ever. Totally worth the $’s. I also used a blade knife for cutting the bits that scissors wouldn’t reach. I layered these images with Dimensionals, added a bow of Linen Thread and a greeting cut with Deckled Rectangles.

The Bundle consists of :
                  

To see more details from the bundle select each of the images.

I hope you enjoy inspiration from this card. If you’d like to order any of the products (and you are an Australian resident) then please go to my on-line store. You’ll find so many high quality products (just like my paper snips) that last for so long. 
If you prefer you can contact me via email to place an order or ask questions about techniques.

I can’t wait to try out lots of different ideas using this bundle.
Until next time
Enjoy your crafting.

Ann Craig






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.