Saturday 2 February 2013

Feeling Sentimental Images from Stampin' Up!

When I first saw the images from Stampin' Up's! Feeling Sentimental Sale-a-bration stamp set, it brought back memories of my childhood when we had to go down to the corner and the red telephone box if we wanted to make a phone call. I grew up in a household with no phone! That is almost unimaginable these days, and to this day I do not really like using the 'phone.

I think these images are great and the style evokes somewhat of a "yesteryear feeling".
As I mentioned it is a Sale-A-Bration stamp set and therefore is exclusive and FREE to customers who order $100.00 or more of Stampin' Up! product. 


I used  the Emboss Resist technique for the basis of the card, with a little sponging and over stamping, and then decided to create some more interest by making another panel using the DSP, a little sponging and Pink Card stock. 


Linen Thread by Stampin' Up! is really suited to the vintage look and of course the Antique Brads make a nice statement as an embellishment.
Here is the completed card.


It is mounted onto a white card base and you'll notice the slight overlapping of shapes that don't stay within the boundaries of the card  base. I like to go "off the page" - somehow it gives me more freedom and there really is no reason to stay within the confines of a square or rectangle.

I hope you like the card. If you'd like to make one of these, this is just one of the projects I teach at my Sale-A-Bration Events. 

The next one is on Friday February 15th. 

I still have a couple of spaces available. The event is free and you'll have the opportunity to view all the SAB products, and try some of them out.
I'll also demonstrate a number of the new products from the new Seasonal Catalogue .

Contact me if you'd like further information.

Until next time,
Stay Crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.