Wednesday 3 April 2019

April Scrap Page Layout.

Hi Scrappers! Welcome to my April Scrap page design. 

I decided to keep it simple this month and use mainly card stock, Designer Series Papers from Stampin' Up! and a little bit of stamping. 

I had in mind the technique of Faux Embossing where you cut out shapes in the same colour as the background and adhere them to create texture. As you can see I've loosely interpreted this technique. I wanted to add a little interest so I used tonal colours and the fabulous Gingham Gala 6 x 6 inch patterned paper.

I'm in love with Stitched Framelits of all sizes and find myself constantly using them for cards and scrap pages. Perhaps it's because I used to be a mad keen sewer, but they are simple to use and give a great effect. 


This is my layout.


I decided all the geometric shapes needed a little softening, so I used this retired Stampin' Up! stamp that has some lovely little stitched areas in the design. I stamped it full strength and half strength, by stamping a second time without re-inking. I really like the contrast of the flowing lines and the geometric shapes.

The colour palette is 
Night of Navy 
Balmy Blue
Soft Sky (retired) 
Highland Heather
Whisper White

I hope you enjoy the layout and perhaps will give something similar a try. I've listed the products used below and if you live in Australia, you are welcome to purchase them from my On-Line Store

Best Wishes and Stay Crafty!




Product List

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.