Thursday 4 April 2019

Simple Stamping Techniques - Easter Greeting Side Step Card



Hello, and welcome once again to the Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop. Today we are showing you samples using the Side Step Technique used to construct the card. You can achieve many variations of the side step, depending on the measurements you choose to use. 




As Easter is fast approaching, I used an Easter theme for my card with images from Fable Friends, by Stampin' Up! You can find this adorable set in the Occasions Catalogue. I teamed this set with the Gingham Gala 6 x 6 inch DSP.

I love water-colouring so it was a obvious to me to use that technique, but I made it simple for myself by using the Stampin' Up! Water Colour Pencils. They are so easy to use and work very well on Stampin' Up! water colour paper.

 The first photo shows the method I use for applying the w/c pencil. I leave plenty of white space because the colour will blend. 


I stamped the figures using Early Espresso as the outline colour will then form a slight shadow at the edges. It is water based so will dissolve a little when water from an Aqua Painter is added.


 I fussy cut out the images  with using my Stampin' Up! paper snips, and used the Stitched Rectangle Framelit dies to create a little interest around the edges of the background paper. 


The dimensions I used for my card are:
15cm x 22cm
Turn the paper to landscape orientation and score at 11cm
Then score across to 9 cm from RHS
@ 2.5cm, 5cm, 8cm and 16cm.
Turn the paper to portrait orientation
 Cut from 2.5cm mark to 16cm mark 9cm in from Right Hand Side.
Crease folds with a Bone Folder

I hope you've enjoyed this card. You can find the products used in my Store. 

It is now time to follow the links to the next sample of a Side Step Card. Enjoy hopping!



·       Ann Craig - Australia
--> Product List

3 comments:

  1. I just love your card, Ann. Your colouring is perfect and I love this step card. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tips for watercolouring Ann! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh Ann .. what a bright cheery Easter Card! love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.