Wednesday 8 September 2021

Merriest Moments Random Patchwork background card

I'm  enjoying the Random Patchwork background technique so much that I tried it out with some very different papers and the Merriest Moments stamp set and dies bundle.  This is the finished card.

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

The papers I used for this card are from a gorgeous, richly coloured pack named Blackberry Beauty
 The colours in these papers are: Polished Pink, Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider and gold.

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

This photo shows the patchwork in the background. 
For the simplest version of this background start with 4 different patterns of DSP cut to 10 x 14 cm. Layer these papers on top of each other and using your Stampin' Trimmer, cut 4 diagonal cuts in the papers. This will ensure that each cut is the same on all 4 pieces and you'll be able to create 4 slightly different backgrounds.
 
Adhere the rearranged shapes onto a piece of basic white card, butting each shape together. 
  
You can use more cuts if you want a more intricate background. 
 
Choose a frame die to cut out the background. I've used the very versatile Scalloped Contours die set. I love the variety in this set and I used the second largest die that has a lovely scalloped edge with the added bonus of stitching detail.
 
 
 Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

 The lovely gold flowers have been stamped and heat embossed with gold. The images are from the Merriest Moments Bundle. I stamped them on Blackberry Bliss card stock and highlighted the centres with gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
The flowers are raised  with dimensionals.
Again, using this technique you will have 4 slightly different backgrounds to create 4 cards. 
 
If you love this product and would like to access it with a discount, now is a perfect time to join Stampin' Up!®. Until September 30th, 2021 we have a wonderful bonus for new members who can choose a FREE bundle from the list below.
I would love you to join me in this adventure, so take a look around the  
JOIN STAMPIN' UP! page on my blog, choose your free bundle, decide on the products you want in your Starter Kit and follow the link to join my team of stamping friends.
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.